Position: Software Developer
We are looking for a software developer as a core member of evolutionQ’s engineering team. The candidate is mainly responsible for delivering new software components and systems in the fields of quantum communication technologies, their integration with traditional communication networks, and other emerging fields in cybersecurity, and maintain existing software products. The successful candidate will collaborate with world-renowned scientists, engineers and partners throughout the development and delivery lifecycle to ensure the products meet technical design requirements and follow industry best practices.
As a software developer, you will
- work closely with the architects, developers, testers and project manager to design, develop and test new enterprise production quality software, on schedule
- review, maintain and improve the performance of existing software products
- conduct automated unit testing on your own code, and support other testing tasks such as integrating testing, user acceptance testing and end-to-end testing
- produce and maintain complete, accurate and up-do-date documentation (including training/user manuals) on developed software products, which is traceable to system requirements when required
- regularly communicate with management and colleagues on work load estimation, risks identification and risk mitigation suggestions, etc.
Qualifications - Must Have:
- 5+ years’ experience in enterprise software development
- Strong Java/J2EE programming experience
- Familiarity with full SDLC and proficiency in tools including Eclipse or IntelliJ, Maven, JIRA or Trello, Git, Jenkins etc.
- Familiar with network technologies such as TCP/IP and routing protocols, with socket programming experience
- Knowledge of basic cybersecurity technologies, e.g., symmetric/asymmetric crypto, SSL/TLS
- Comfortable working on both Linux and Windows environment
- Ability to work well in a team, with strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously, and flexible to accept changing priorities when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent fields; Master’s degree preferred
Qualifications - Nice to Have
- RESTful API development experience
- Familiar with Spring/Spring boot
- Knowledge of scheduling algorithms
- Knowledge of optimization algorithms
- C/C++ or Golang programming experience
evolutionQ is a privately owned, Canadian corporation headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario.
Powerful new quantum technologies promise tremendous benefits, but also pose serious threats to cybersecurity. evolutionQ is the first company worldwide dedicated to offering the full suite of services and products organizations need to manage their quantum risk and to deploy cyber tools designed to be safe against quantum computers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
evolutionQ was founded and is led by global leaders in quantum-safe cybersecurity credited with:
- Leading fundamental research underpinning quantum-safe cybersecurity, including the development of quantum-resistant cryptography algorithms, and the development of quantum key distribution solutions
- Co-founding the Institute for Quantum Computing in Waterloo
- Initiating and driving global standardization efforts
- Teaching and training the quantum-safe workforce
- Transferring knowledge and technology to industry and government for over two decades
With a team of individuals with decades of experience bringing new cryptographic tools into wide-spread application, evolutionQ can evolve organizations to a quantum-safe position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. evolutionQ is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Location: Waterloo, ON
Position type: Full-time permanent